- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 medium carrots, chopped
- 500g pack lamb mince
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- large splash Worcestershire sauce
- 500ml beef stock
- 3 teaspoons Tandoori Heat Char-it Rub
- 900g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 85g butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, and then soften the onion and carrots for a few mins. When soft, turn up the heat; crumble in the lamb and brown, tipping off any excess fat. Add the tomato purée, Char-It Tandoori Heat and Worcestershire sauce, and then fry for a few mins. Add the stock, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 30 to 40 mins, uncovering halfway.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 F. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain, then mash with the butter and milk. Put the mince into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and ruffle with a fork.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until the top is starting to colour and the mince is bubbling through at the edges. Leave to stand for 5 mins before serving.