- 1 cauliflower, medium head, leaves trimmed and bottom cut flat
- ¼ cup +1 tbsp olive or any other vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. Tandoori Char-it
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup 1% plain yogurt (can use a vegan yogurt option)
- 2 tsp. Tandoori Char-it
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. chopped toasted pistachios
- Cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 425° F, Grease a 9 inch baking dish with 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, stir in Tandoori Char-it with ¼ tsp salt and remaining ¼ cup oil. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the whole cauliflower and cook until tender but firm, 3 to 4 mins.
- Drain well, then transfer cauliflower to the prepared baking dish.
- Insert the tip of a sharp knife into the top of the cauliflower in a few random places to create crevices. Brush the Tandoori mixture all over the cauliflower and into the crevices. Roast until the cauliflower is brown and tender, about 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk yoghurt, water, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Season with pepper. (Whisk and thin out sauce with extra water to a drizzly consistency).
- Drizzle half of yogurt-tandoori mixture over roasted cauliflower. Sprinkle with pistachios and cilantro.
- Cut into wedges and serve with remaining sauce.
*Mediterranean Char-it can be substituted instead of Tandoori Char-it.
*Pistachios can also be substituted with toasted almonds.